Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday

Monday, Monday, so good to say! Sunday was glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed with my hubby! Gosh I missed him. Got to cook him supper, not sure what he ate when I was gone, but am sure it didn't include fruit, veggies and was based around slim jim's!! Watched the closing ceremony of the olympics, SPECTACULAR!
Back to the office on Monday, try to get an ad approved and track down a few builders and wood orders. Oh yeah, try to find 127 film for the Reflex. Wooohooo, success! The film is still made in Croatia and there are stores here in the states who bring it in, shipping isn't too bad either. Time to order a few rolls and try out this camera!
Got home from the office, got some supper together and then out to the deck to play with my dyepots. I had boiled up some sunflower heads before leaving for the weekend. They steeped over the weekend. Filtered out the liquid, wound some spun wool into butterflies and grabbed my pots and pans and got to playing. Not sure if what I was doing was correct, but got some pretty fiber colors. Need to take pictures and will post them. Played with the sunflower heads, yellow yarrow from the city gardens (they were given to me, I wasn't out snipping in the night...lol) and brazilian cherry sawdust. Emptied the fiber from my solar dyeing, and learned a lesson about marking stuff. I didn't and now don't know what I did to get these really neat colors. Ah, well, have a few notes and will try to recreate. The solar jars held lichen, mushrooms, walnut wood sawdust and some yellow flowers from grandma's garden. Will make sure to pick all of the flowers next year! Created an ochre that got a bit muddy, will have to not leave out so long next time. I am sure my neighbors think I am a nut of some sort and am tempted to wear a witch hat one of these times when I am out there! Wouldn't that be a hoot.
Time to get some work done, more later

No comments: